poi-dev mailing list archives

From Nick Burch <apa...@gagravarr.org>
Subject Re: Tests for D*
Date Thu, 18 Sep 2014 11:46:53 GMT
On Thu, 18 Sep 2014, Zimmermann, Patrick wrote:
> I don't have tests yet and am unsure what the best way to write those
> is. After a quick look at how the other functions do their tests it
> seems that they usually mock up the inputs for testing.

For simpler functions, this is the best way to do it, as it allows for
fine-grained testing.

For some complex functions, the tests will load up an Excel file with the
input data pre-set up, and probably the formula already there and
calculated by Excel. They then evaluate the formula, and ensure they get
the same answer as Excel did

Nick