poi-dev mailing list archives

From Nick Burch <n...@apache.org>
Date Sun, 24 Aug 2014 18:40:50 GMT
Hi All

3.11 beta 2 was a little rushed and unusual, but now that's out of the way
(thanks Uwe for the hard work!), we all need to think about what's needed
for 3.11 beta 3 and final, maybe in 1-2 months now. This applies to
everyone - committer, contributor, advanced user, patch writer etc!

If you are a lurker on the dev list, please grab 3.11 beta 2 (just
released), try your code with it, and report any regressions. Especially
formula related ones, as the recent support for cross-workbook formulas on
XSSF and multi-sheet references for HSSF+XSSF needed some surpisingly
major changes! Check XML stuff too, given the recent fixes. As well as
testing, we'd also love it if you could contribute some documentation
changes / updates, no examples, and other non-code things too!

If you are a contributor, with an outstanding patch you want applied,
please ensure it applies cleanly to trunk, includes unit tests, includes
required new files, and the bug entry details that all of these are the
case!

If you are a committer, please review as many outstanding patches as you
can, and apply those you can! Also please ensure you're happy with the
state of trunk.

Whatever your level of contribution to the project, please help out
however you can do for the next release :)

Nick