poi-dev mailing list archives

From Dominik Stadler <dominik.stad...@gmx.at>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Apache POI 3.11-beta2 release
Date Tue, 19 Aug 2014 12:12:50 GMT
Uwe, thanks for not adjusting this for now.

Yaniv, see the discussion above, the property is used in Jenkins to
allow to run with any other XML Parser, it verifies what Uwe adjusted
and shows if there are other issues when we run with other XML Parser
implementations, We can easily raise the Xerces version to something
more up-to-date after 3.11 is released so we automatically verify
things in the future, overall this is an easy addition to the
test-suite and does a lot of additional verifying.

I agree that the version is quite outdated, but at least in my large
project it was pulled in from somewhere completely unrelated, so a
simple update of 3.11-beta1 to 3.11-beta2 turns out to require messing
with rather unrelated dependencies and exchange of other bundles that
until now still worked fine.

Dominik.