poi-dev mailing list archives

From Andreas Beeker <andreas.bee...@gmx.de>
Subject Tika regression test on POI 3.11 Beta 1
Date Fri, 01 Aug 2014 20:59:26 GMT
Hi Tim,

(thread base [1])

> I found one regression in the handling of an xlsx file:
> http://digitalcorpora.org/corp/nps/files/govdocs1/598/598948.xlsx

> Tika 1.6 w/ POI 3.11 Beta 1 is not extracting the comments in this file, whereas Tika
>1.5 (and Tika 1.6 w/ POI 3.10-Final) did extract the comments.  This suggests that the
issue is with POI, but I haven't had a chance to dig in, and unfortunately, I don't think
I will have a chance until Monday.

Just a quick check on the mentioned file [2], didn't result in problems on the extraction
of cell comments.
I've used the trunk - which hasn't changed much since Beta 1 - and tried it on Windows with
JDK 1.6.0_45 / 1.7.0_45.

I haven't used tika and its unit tests before, please point me out how I can reproduce the
differences in the token check?

By comments you mean cell comments, right?

Andi.

[1] http://apache-poi.1045710.n5.nabble.com/VOTE-Release-Apache-POI-3-11-Beta-1-td5716184.html
[2] http://pastebin.com/CDNkhRNz