poi-dev mailing list archives

From "Uwe Schindler" <...@thetaphi.de>
Subject [VOTE] Apache POI 3.10.1 release
Date Thu, 14 Aug 2014 00:07:51 GMT
Hi,

I prepared artifacts for the release of Apache POI 3.10.1, a bugfix release of the 3.10 branch.
It contains 2 important fixes about XML entity handling in OOXML parsers. Also the recommended
(and shipped) version of xmlbeans.jar was upgraded from 2.3 to 2.6.

https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/poi/3.10.1-RC2/

Please vote to release the artifacts. Please take especially care, that they can work as drop-in
replacements for 3.10-FINAL.

I tried the release, looks good to me. All tests pass. ASC files verify and MD5/SHA1 are correct.
Docs look fine.

I did a test with Solr 4.9: I replaced the JAR files of POI-3.10-beta2 (shipped with Solr
4.9) by those new ones (drop-in replacement), which worked without any problems. The entity
expansion fixes are working correctly!
While doing those test with my first build (RC1), I recognized that there were more XML parsers
used, not respecting the new sensible defaults used for parsing, so I committed some more
fixes and built a new RC (RC2).

Here is my +1 to release the above artifacts and deploy to Maven Central,
Uwe

P.S.: The vote keeps open for 72hrs, 2014-08-17, 0:00 UTC, planned release announcement date
is Monday, 2014-08-18.

-----
Uwe Schindler
H.-H.-Meier-Allee 63, D-28213 Bremen