poi-dev mailing list archives

From Andreas Beeker <andreas.bee...@gmx.de>
Subject Re: XSSF/HSSF contribution/suggestion
Date Sun, 26 Jan 2014 23:03:37 GMT
Hi Johannes,

 > My question about that is how I should supply the patches ...
I would prefer patches which result in a compilable dist, but apart of that I don't care if
the patches are feature-wise or cumulative.
I would provide cumulative patches - so you simple call "ant -f patch.xml" everytime a bunch
of changes works.

 > Is there any Eclipse Code Style Template for this repository to use?
There are some settings in the eclipse/svn project, e.g. use spaces instead of tabs.
Just have a look at the existing source files.
I personally don't like automatically line-wrapped code,
so maybe don't use automatic formatting for the whole file.

 > Why is the number of conditional formatting rules limit to 3?
AFAIK Excel only supports up to 3 formulas per conditional formatting.
Also the xml schema (sml-sheet.xsd / CT_CfRule) is limited to 3 formulas.

 > Secondly, is there an easy way to use custom colors in conditional formatting?
I haven't looked into the color-handling in depth, but you might want to check bugzilla, as
there are several
open entries, dealing with the color problems, i.e. indexed (hssf) vs. direct (xssf) colors.
Have also a look into HSSFPalette.findSimilarColor() for a mapping.

Best wishes,
Andi

On 26.01.2014 21:52, Johannes Kinscher wrote:
> Hi Andi,
>
> thank you for your answer to my suggestions. I didn't modify the source code yet, but
I'd like to give it a try. My question about that is how I should supply the patches: all-in-one
or some small patches for each type of change (e.g. adding enum parameter methods, unify naming,
...)? Is there any Eclipse Code Style Template for this repository to use?

> I have another XSSF question: Why is the number of conditional formatting rules limit
to 3 at XSSFSheetConditionalFormatting:addConditionalFormatting(CellRangeAddress[], ConditionalFormattingRule[])?
I saw that HSSF has the same limitation, but does this still apply to XSSF and isn't it just
a copy&paste error (as the code looks quite similar)? Secondly, is there an easy way to