poi-dev mailing list archives

From Andreas Beeker <andreas.bee...@gmx.de>
Subject Re: Jenkins - limit build history?
Date Mon, 30 Dec 2013 21:05:54 GMT
Hi,

I've set it to 20 builds now - the artifacts will be now only kept for the last successful
build, so space wise that's ok.

At our (work) project, we usually only keep the last 3 release builds (marked as not removable)
and the last 2-5 builds.
I've picked 10, so the graphs look a bit nicer.

For a busy project, I would also recommend something like a 4 hours interval, because I don't
like it when it immediately
starts after a commit and one has a dependency to another commit (... or a database update).
Any committer can start the build, if he (she?) think it's reasonable and
as we currently only do occasionally commits, the midnight-rule somehow fit's better to the
"nightly builds" term.

And now to something completely different:
I'd like to draw your attention to two questions, which are already a bit older:
- http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.comp.jakarta.poi.devel/25514
- http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.comp.jakarta.poi.user/20086/focus=20104

I'm interested in what you think.

Best wishes,