poi-dev mailing list archives

From "Allison, Timothy B." <talli...@mitre.org>
Subject RE: XSSFTextBox?
Date Mon, 22 Jul 2013 13:31:55 GMT
"Failed" as in Tika's parser didn't pull out the text (https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/TIKA-1150).

Great!  I look forward to this added capability.  Would you be able to open an issue in bugzilla
so that others are aware that you're working on this (apologies if I missed it).  Thank you!

-----Original Message-----
From: Darren Roberts [mailto:robertsdjguard-poidev@yahoo.com]
Sent: Monday, July 22, 2013 9:26 AM
To: POI Developers List
Subject: Re: XSSFTextBox?

Define "failed" - was it just the lack of a getText function that threw them or something
else?

But yes, with my enhancement you will be able to either grab all the text as a string, or
obtain a collection (list) of the paragraphs within the shape so each can be manipulated individually.

The current XSSFTextBox is quite limited really, other than being able to set a single paragraph
(using an XSSFRichTextString) there is very little else you can do with it without resorting
to diving into the CT classes, but as I'm using POI via IKVM that is not an option for me
(don't ask), so I need a native solution which is why I'm doing this. Only thing I'm leaving
out at this time is support for bullets and hyperlinks, I may revisit them once I've got the
base functionality solid and properly unit tested though.

to XSSFTextBox at the moment) my opinion probably doesn't count for much, but my vote would
be to have a push to include as many of the outstanding patches in bugzilla into a beta2 as
possible.