poi-dev mailing list archives

From Yegor Kozlov <yegor.koz...@dinom.ru>
Subject Re: Contributing to XSLF Code
Date Mon, 20 May 2013 13:22:06 GMT
Hi Eliot,

I'm happy to see that people use my code . You are very much welcome
to contribute!

I don't think that any part of XLSF is under way. What is in SVN is
the current state.
It makes sense to check POI Bugzilla and the dev list and see if there
are related patches .

> My first task is to implement a PPTX "burster" that can produce a set of
> single-slide presentations from an existing presentation.

Have a look at the "pptx merger" example:

https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/poi/trunk/src/examples/src/org/apache/poi/xslf/usermodel/MergePresentations.java

You can use it to chop a .pptx file into single-slide presentations.
Note that there are two similar methods:
XSLFSheet.appendContent and XSLFSheet.importContent.

The first one keeps existing shapes. The second method completly
replaces current content .

A reverse booster can use the same approach.

> I'm also working on code to generate new slides from a simple XML format
> that represents generic slide show content (that is, something that is
> relatively easy to generate from other stuff, like existing XML or
> whatever).

If I did it, I would make it a simplified dialect of html with title,
body tags, etc.
I don't think a generic html2pptx renderer is possible, but a
simplified generator from a number of pre-defined formats is certainly
possible.
The pre-defined html layouts will follow PowerPoint's layouts: title
only, title and body, etc.

Regards,
Yegor