poi-dev mailing list archives

From Anton Heuschen <anto...@gmail.com>
Subject XLSX export - Number field formatting for Mac/Linux
Date Wed, 17 Apr 2013 13:53:23 GMT
Good day,

I am trying to obtain some information as to option/setting for exporting
data to .xlsx format, specifically in a numeric column, for Mac or Linux.

The problem I am experiencing is that the created xlsx file, with numeric
(number) columns opens fine in MS Office Excel (where the column and fields
are seen as numbers - thus functions like SUM etc indeed gives the SUM)

However in Mac (using Office for Mac or in LibreOffice on Linux) the
numbers are given as a text string and/or the formatting/encoding does not
allow one to SUM the values.

Unfortunately I am not really familiar with the POI implementation for Java
and only have experience doing a dump of data to xls/xlsx file in PHP where
I have used a encoding (PHP related) function which worked to correctly
output numerical fields in Mac and Linux

Are there certain parameters/ config/ methods in POI to define/set data for
Mac/Linux ?

Thank you for your time