poi-dev mailing list archives

From Florian Hopf <mailingli...@florian-hopf.de>
Subject Re: POI Workbook adapter for ODFToolkit
Date Wed, 27 Feb 2013 06:18:45 GMT
Hi Yegor,

thanks for your message, it's good to know about the potential obstacles.

On 25.02.2013 16:48, Yegor Kozlov wrote:
> What level of conformance are you aiming at ? Are you going to support
> all POI Spreadsheet interfaces or only a subset ?
 >
 > level 1: create / read simple spreadsheets with basic formatting.
 > Create sheets, rows, cells. Merge cells. . Iterate over the data. Set
 > cell values as strings, numbers, booleans, etc. This is functionality
 > of first releases of POI.

At the beginning I am aiming for the low hanging fruits which would be
level 1 of your iterations. These are the parts that already have a
convenience API available in the ODFToolkit that I can use directly. I
expect this to be done in the next 2 to 3 weeks.

Everything else will require me to dig deeper into POI as well as the
OpenDocument specification but I'd continue if there is interest in the
work so far. It would be nice to have support for all the features but
we have to see how well the concept of OpenDocument formulas matches the
Excel world.

I will let you know when I am done with the basic functionality and of
course would be glad if someone could try it, possibly even on an
existing application that uses basic POI functionality.

Regards
Florian

--
Florian Hopf