poi-dev mailing list archives

From Cedric Walter <cedric.wal...@innoveo.com>
Subject Innoveo Solutions would like to contribute
Date Wed, 13 Feb 2013 16:53:13 GMT
Innoveo is using Apache POI since 2007, and this library is strategic for us in order to support
the Excel support in our product Skyetm (http://www.innoveo.com/SoftwareSolution.aspx), we
want now to contribute bug fixes and feature enhancements we have already made and will have
to make in the future back to Apache POI.

We are ready to contribute the following:
·         - Support for more than 256 columns,
·         - Performances improvements,
·         - ....

We need now that Apache POI support "wildcards values" for vlookup, hlookup, lookup, match,
countif and sumif in the NEXT 2 to 4 WEEKS.

Innoveo is committed to develop this functionality but we would still appreciate some guidance,
so the chance the patch get accepted being higher. A lot of questions are popping up:
- Can it be done?
- Estimates if it would be done by an internal developer, best efforts?
- Difficulty, is the internal API able to tackle this requirement without requiring us to
changes most of code?
- Would some internal developers being interested by a bounty to develop this functionality?

Apache POI Roadmap as far as we did understand is driven by the bugtracker, is there any plan
to support "wildcards values" or has it be already done?

INSIGHT INNOVEO /

A growing software company focused on the insurance industry, based in Zurich, Switzerland
and privately held by its founding members. We base ourselves on long experience in the insurance
industry, technology and architecture (SOA).
Our international, very experienced team, is acting throughout Europe and beyond. We deliver
an industry-specific IT platform and related services; we are focused on the Western European
insurance market. Innoveo is dedicated to enabling the insurance business through technology.
Starting in 2000, we have rapidly built an industry-reference platform that handles € billions
in offer volume today and serves as the basis for a wide variety of business applications.
see http://www.innoveo.com/AboutUs.aspx"