poi-dev mailing list archives

From Guillaume de GENTILE <gdegent...@finbox-solutions.com>
Subject Re: How to update Legend Series name for charts dynamically
Date Wed, 23 Jan 2013 22:24:33 GMT
Hi Chandra,

Thanks for your answer, I am also using the same approach.

The limitations I found is that it is not possible to rename a sheet
which contains a graph whithout corrupting the graph. It is also not
possible to clone a sheet which contains a graph.

I have recently fixed these 2 issues on my side and created a new case
in bugzilla with the proposal.

Regards,
Guillaume

Le 23/01/2013 15:43, chandra a écrit :
> Hi Guillaume,
>     Yes POI directly does not support chart dynamically from scratch.
>      But i created using template approach found in below url
>      http://www.programming-free.com/2012/12/create-charts-in-excel-using-java.html#.UP_16B0qYbD
> regards,
> Chandra shekar.k
>
> -----"Guillaume de GENTILE [via Apache POI]" <ml-node+s1045710n5711946h27@n5.nabble.com>
wrote: -----
> To: chandra <chandra.shekar@polarisft.com>
> From: "Guillaume de GENTILE [via Apache POI]" <ml-node+s1045710n5711946h27@n5.nabble.com>
> Date: 01/23/2013 03:44AM
> Subject: Re: How to update Legend Series name for charts dynamically
>
> Hi Chandra,
>
> As far as I know, the current POI does not support the creation of Chart
> from scratch.
> Can you please explain how do you generate charts dynamically?
>
> Thanks,
> Guillaume
>

> Le 15/01/2013 10:50, chandra a écrit :
>
>> Hi,
>>
>>     My requirement is to create charts in Excel using POI,  i am able to
>> generate charts dynamically.But there is another req came up i.e to update
>> the legend series value and axis label value dynamically using apache poi
>> codebase.Can you help any one who knows or any idea to update legend series
>> and axis label value dynamically.
>>
>> regards,
>> Chandra shekar.K
>>

>> --
> NAML
>

> This e-Mail may contain proprietary and confidential information and is sent for the
intended recipient(s) only.  If by an addressing or transmission error this mail has been
misdirected to you, you are requested to delete this mail immediately. You are also hereby
notified that any use, any form of reproduction, dissemination, copying, disclosure, modification,
distribution and/or publication of this e-mail message, contents or its attachment other than
by its intended recipient/s is strictly prohibited.