poi-dev mailing list archives

From Nick Burch <apa...@gagravarr.org>
Subject Re: Fixing our website to still work in 2013
Date Mon, 17 Dec 2012 08:16:15 GMT
On Mon, 17 Dec 2012, Yegor Kozlov wrote:
> I'm for svnpubsub, as it seems the shortest way.

I guess we could move to that, and plan to do it in a way that we can use
the cms later with minimal changes?

> As I understand, we will need to keep the generated html somewhere in
> svn and then ask Infra to enable svnpubsub for our site .

Yup

> Migration of the Forrest part seems easy:
> 1. create a new directory "site" under
> https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/poi/trunk

I'd suggest not under trunk, but alongside

> 2. create two sub-directories:
>  site/docs      <-- Forrest .xml files, copy them from trunk/src/documentation
>  /site/publish  <-- generated html

We don't actually need to copy the source files, just tell forest where to
put the resulting published files (likely with a delete first to clean
out, so old files don't get stuck). Then you svn add/remove as needed and
commit, then a few secs later it's live!

Nick