poi-dev mailing list archives

From liaobert <ml...@accendgroup.com>
Subject Deleting Excel file after reading it into a XSSFWorkbook
Date Thu, 03 May 2012 21:05:22 GMT
I'm currently reading in an excel file to create a new XSSFWorkbook. When I'm
done, I want to close the workbook and delete that excel file, but it's not
working. Here's what I have:

File vifList = new File("viflist.xlsx");
FileInputStream vifStream = new FileInputStream(vifList.getName());
XSSFWorkbook wb = new XSSFWorkbook(vifStream);

//process stuff

vifStream.close();
vifList.delete();

vifList.delete() fails. What do I need to do in order to delete this file?