poi-dev mailing list archives

From Nick Burch <nick.bu...@alfresco.com>
Subject Re: How to create an Eclipse Project
Date Wed, 11 Apr 2012 10:49:02 GMT
On Wed, 11 Apr 2012, Bhathiya Jayasekara wrote:
> I just found that src directory contains number of sub directories and most
> of them contains separate source sets. I believe those must be separate
> modules which should have separate eclipse projects in my case.

Depends what you're doing, but I generally just have all the different
bits of the source tree in a single eclipse project. For releasing it
certainly matters, and when you need to add new files you do need to pay
attention to which bit of the source tree they go into, but for day-to-day
stuff I find it fine to have everything in together.

That's not to say that you can't have one eclipse project for each of
core, scratchpad, ooxml and examples, just that you may well not need to

Nick