poi-dev mailing list archives

From Yegor Kozlov <yegor.koz...@dinom.ru>
Subject GSoC applicants, please prepare patches or working code
Date Tue, 10 Apr 2012 11:20:55 GMT
Hello Evgeniy, Adel, Lakshani , GSoC applicants

To make the GSoC selection process more accurate I encourage you to
make a next step after submission. Please provide working patches or
code that will advance your proposal.

We have to estimate coding skills of each participant, not only
proposal writing skills. Some of you already submitted patches, others
didn't. Still it should not stop you from showing your dedication to
GSoC by preparing a patch that will advance your proposal.

What kind of patches do we expect ?  Ideally, you would do the first
step of your project now.
This way you demonstrate your coding skills and understanding of POI
architecture
If it sounds too big for you, review opened bugs in Bugzilla and fix
one or two.
Finally, you can propose your own fix or improvement.

Why do we ask it? There exist brilliant proposal writers, who
cannot code and that actually leads to GSoC failure.
That's why we ask to demonstrate coding skills.

Regards,
Yegor Kozlov