poi-dev mailing list archives

From dharmin <dharmi...@gmail.com>
Subject How to copy a paragraph of .docx to another .docx withJava and retain the style
Date Thu, 19 Apr 2012 04:24:59 GMT
  I am trying to copy the content from a particular paragraph in a .docx to
another empty .docx .the problem i have is that the style,bullets,numbering
etc from the source.docx is not retainedin the destination .docx..here is my
code

can anyone please tell me what are the changes to be added to the above
code? Thanks in Advance!!

public class WordFinal {
      public static void main(String[] args) throws IOException,
XmlException {
  XWPFDocument doc = new XWPFDocument(new FileInputStream("source.docx"));
        XWPFDocument destDoc =new XWPFDocument();
      OutputStream out = new FileOutputStream("Destination.docx");
        XWPFParagraph pr =doc.getParagraphs()[1];
        String copy=pr.getText();
    XWPFParagraph paragraphOne = destDoc.createParagraph();
         XWPFRun paragraphOneRunOne = paragraphOne.createRun();
      paragraphOneRunOne.setText(copy);
   destDoc.write(out);
     }
    }