poi-dev mailing list archives

From "Nawanit, Niraj" <nawa...@amazon.com>
Subject problem while implementing dependent list in HSSF
Date Fri, 10 Feb 2012 16:01:45 GMT
Hi all,

I am trying to implement dependent list on a column for XLS format and XLSX format. For this
I have to use reference to another cell in same row inside the formula. I am using apache
POI 3.7.

I am using formula as such: "=INDIRECT(UPPER($A7))" for list for 7th row onwards in 3rd column.
I am facing weird problem. For HSSF implementation, in Office 2003 and office 2007, for every
row, formula refers $A$7. In Office 2010 I have not tested as of now. I want A8 to be referred
for 8th row and A9 to be referred for 9th row and so on. In XSSF implementation, this works
quite well.

The same problem I am facing for conditional formatting too.

Can someone please help? I have provided my implementation below.

Thanks in advance!
Niraj

import org.apache.poi.ss.usermodel.Sheet;
import org.apache.poi.ss.usermodel.DataValidation;
import org.apache.poi.ss.usermodel.DataValidationConstraint;
import org.apache.poi.ss.util.CellRangeAddressList;

import org.apache.poi.hssf.usermodel.DVConstraint;
import org.apache.poi.xssf.usermodel.XSSFDataValidationConstraint;

public static void addDropdown(Sheet sheet, String formula, int column, boolean isXSSF) {
CellRangeAddressList cellRangeAddressList = new CellRangeAddressList(7, 500, column, column);
DataValidationConstraint dvConstraint;
If (isXSSF) {
dvConstraint  = new XSSFDataValidationConstraint(DataValidationConstraint.ValidationType.LIST,
formula);
} else {
dvConstraint = DVConstraint.createFormulaListConstraint(formula);
}
  DataValidation dataValidation = sheet.getDataValidationHelper().createValidation(dvConstraint,
cellRangeAddressList);
  dataValidation.setShowErrorBox(true);
}

Sheet sheet = … // comes from somewhere
addDropdown(sheet, "=INDIRECT(UPPER($A7))", 2, false); // for hssf
// addDropdown(sheet, "=INDIRECT(UPPER($A7))", 2, true); // for xssf
}