poi-dev mailing list archives

From Nick Burch <nick.bu...@alfresco.com>
Subject Beta 5?
Date Mon, 28 Nov 2011 19:23:45 GMT
Hi All

I know we were aiming to have done the final release by now, but volunteer
energy (mine included!) has meant we've not yet quite finished everything

What do people think about doing another interim beta release? The reason
I ask is that there have been quite a few fixes since August that I'd like
to make available to Tika, but as Tika doesn't use nightly snapshots it'd
need a release (beta or final) to get them

Thinking of 3.8 final, there are a few bugs I'd like to fix, but if I
haven't had time by the release vote then I don't think that'd be the end
of the world. The only thing I'd say really is needed is to apply the
outstanding community patches (or at least review and throw back if not
ready). Alas I probably won't have time in the next few weeks to do any
patch review, but personally I'd see that as the only bit in the way.

What does everyone else think?

Nick