poi-dev mailing list archives

From "Lan, Hongying" <h...@mitre.org>
Subject CellUtil.java breaks down with colors not defined in IndexedColors
Date Thu, 22 Sep 2011 18:41:23 GMT
The workbook I'm working with requires a lot of different colors, and most of them are not
defined in IndexedColors. I've found CellUtil to be a very useful utility, however it's unable
to handle custom colors.  To resolve this problem, I wrote my own CellUtil.java class which
works with custom defined XSSFColor for borders, foreground, background and font. I'm soliciting
some suggestions from veteran POI developers out there:

1.)    Is there any value in sharing this code with the community. My instinct says yes, but
not knowing what's the future for CellUtil in general, I can't be sure. There could be solutions
in the works that would address the issues I encountered already.

2.)    Since, the CellUtil.java class I wrote only works for XSSF workbooks, it obviously
can't replace the one in the POI packages right now. Any advice on how to or where would be
the best place to share my code if it's deemed worthy enough.

Thank you for your advice in advance,
Hongying