poi-dev mailing list archives

From samirrolemberg <samirrolemb...@hotmail.com>
Subject Replacing text using HWPFDocument with POI 3.8 beta 4
Date Fri, 09 Sep 2011 17:44:27 GMT
Hello again.

I am using version 3.8 beta 4 Apache POI file to manipulate a template that
will serve as a report output some data.

In this case the Office file format is "doc" and I'm using HWPFDocument to
accomplish the task.

In the model, I have the following structure:

Header: This contains an image (company logo), the number of pages, the
header itself and a text to be printed on all pages generated by the report.

"Body", where contains a table with two columns and that are populated
dynamically.

Footnote: That is similar to the header, but contains information to be
populated dynamically. And links to the e-mail and website.

Using this:

*[code]
	public void _replaceWord(InputStream filePath, Map&lt;String, String&gt;
map, String outputFileName) throws Exception{

        HWPFDocument word = new HWPFDocument(new POIFSFileSystem(filePath));

        Range range = word.getRange();  //to replace the content in the cols
of the tables in the "body".
        range.replaceText("#n_v_left#", map.get("#n_v_left#"));
        range.replaceText("#n_v_right#", map.get("#n_v_right#"));

        HeaderStories hs = new HeaderStories(word);

        Range hsRange = hs.getRange();//to replace the content in header and
footnote
        hsRange.replaceText("#day#", map.get("#day#"));
        hsRange.replaceText("#mon#", map.get("#mon#"));
        hsRange.replaceText("#yea#", map.get("#yea#"));
        hsRange.replaceText("#n_1#", map.get("#n_1#"));
        hsRange.replaceText("#n_2#", map.get("#n_2#"));
        hsRange.replaceText("#serial#", map.get("#serial#"));

        OutputStream output = new FileOutputStream(outputFileName+".doc");
        output.flush();
        word.write(output);
        output.close();
}
[/code]*

All went well. The API replaces the tags correctly, but it became clear the
footer links and automatically place an image object at the bottom.

as in the image:
http://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d23/samirrolemberg/image.png
(Image is the original model that contains sensitive data, so the
scratches).

I removed the images and ran the application again, but the same problem
occurred.

Then I tried to return to a stable version of the API (3.7) (using the same
methods of replacement) but when I try to save a file, the file created is
generated as an invalid and corrupted.

And now I do not know what to do! anyone else has had this "problem"?