poi-dev mailing list archives

From Nick Burch <nick.bu...@alfresco.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Release POI 3.8 beta4 - Take 2
Date Thu, 25 Aug 2011 10:22:52 GMT
On Thu, 25 Aug 2011, Yegor Kozlov wrote:
> Dave and Nick,
> Is it really a blocker? Can I have provisional +1 from you, providing
> that the the problem fixed in trunk ASAP?

It's certainly a blocker on a final release. On a test file, on a beta
release, I'm less sure

> If a missing ASF licence header is considered to be a blocker, then
> rat-check MUST be a part of the "dist" task to prevent such issues in
> the future.

I'd suggest that if rat isn't present, a warning is raised but the build
continues. The release manager should be instructed to always have Rat
installed. That way, people who take the POI codebase and tweak things can
still do their own custom builds, but we get the check

Nick