poi-dev mailing list archives

From Nick Burch <nick.bu...@alfresco.com>
Subject Re: Changing content of DocumentEntry or copy it
Date Thu, 11 Aug 2011 21:13:58 GMT
On Thu, 11 Aug 2011, Sergey Vladimirov wrote:
> Is there a way to change content of DocumentEntry in POIFSFileSystem,
> not using delete-and-create paradigm?

Nope, the old POIFSFileSystem model is append/delete only. The new
NPOIFSFileSystem is designed to support all of append, delete and replace.
However, I've not quite got the write support finished - it's almost there
but there are a few outstanding bugs. Hopefully soon enough I'll get the
time to identify what's wrong and fix it!

> And, by the way, is there a way to copy one document/directory
> completely from one POIFS to another?

Yup, there's handy methods on POIDocument to do it for you (HWPFDocument
has that as a baseclass)

Nick