poi-dev mailing list archives

From Guilherme Vieira <jguilherm...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: one week's countdown to tagging 3.8-beta4
Date Thu, 11 Aug 2011 11:43:06 GMT
Extending SXSSF to support reading with sliding window is a desirable
feature? Am I right in assuming that when you instantiate a Workbook from a
FileInputStream, every single sheet, row and cells from the XLSX file is
loaded into the Workbook object? If so, don't this cause a large memory
footprint? The only way to get around this is to use the XSSF event API? How
could I read large XLSX files without having to deal with the low-level
event API?

Thanks in advance!