poi-dev mailing list archives

From Dave Fisher <dave2w...@comcast.net>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Release POI 3.8 beta4 - Take 2
Date Wed, 24 Aug 2011 23:47:52 GMT

On Aug 24, 2011, at 4:11 PM, Nick Burch wrote:

> On Wed, 24 Aug 2011, Dave Fisher wrote:
>> I think we have been accepting the dummy.txt, *.pen and *.dtd as exceptions.
>
> The dummy ones should be being excluded already, though possibly they're not due to a
recent re-org. Ditto .pen and .dtd. Just to check - are you using the "rat-check" ant target
to do your checks? That has a set of excludes included in it which should skip over the bits
that are safe to ignore the lack of headers in

I followed the rather thin example in the podling and did a license check:

java -jar ../../apache-rat-0.7/apache-rat-0.7.jar --addLicence /Users/dave/Documents/poi-3.8beta4/poi-3.8-beta4/src

I see some instructions here: http://incubator.apache.org/rat/apache-rat-tasks/index.html

Do you have a project that we could copy. If so, I'll throw it into the poi build.xml and
see what's up.

Regards,
Dave