poi-dev mailing list archives

From "Shinde, Amol" <ashi...@emptoris.com>
Subject Specific user edit actions on locked sheet
Date Thu, 30 Jun 2011 09:51:05 GMT
Hi,
I have an issue with the protected/locked sheets in xlsx file format. My sheet is locked and
I want to unlock specific user edit actions say insert columns, insert rows etc.

POI 3.7 defines some methods in XSSFSheet.java class like lockInsertColumns(), lockInsertRows()
and few more.
They should actually allow inserting columns/rows, if sheet is already protected/locked.
They actually work reverse of what is expected and pass true to underlying API of CTWorksheet.

public void lockInsertColumns() {
        createProtectionFieldIfNotPresent();
        worksheet.getSheetProtection().setInsertColumns(true);
    }

public void lockInsertRows() {
        createProtectionFieldIfNotPresent();
        worksheet.getSheetProtection().setInsertRows(true);
    }

Has anyone faced problem related to specific user edit actions on locked sheet?

My suggestion is, these methods in XSSFSheet.java class should pass false to underlying API
to work correctly.

I found one discussion on this issue at http://apache-poi.1045710.n5.nabble.com/POI-3-6-XSSFSheet-how-can-I-lock-specific-user-edit-actions-on-a-given-sheet-td2312068.html#a2312081

Thanks,
Amol Shinde