poi-dev mailing list archives

From Saravanan Iyyanar <saravanan.iyya...@yahoo.com>
Subject Adding Image into a excel cell and adding a hyperlink to the image
Date Wed, 04 May 2011 12:35:21 GMT
Hi Team,

I have a requirement to create an excel and add an image into a cell and add hyperlink (url
) to the image. I am trying with Apache POI HSSF to achieve the functionality.

The image to be placed in the cell will be a thumbnail image (small one). Hyperlink to the
image will be an url that take you to the full size image.

When I add an image into the cell with anchor option, the image is floating and didn’t reside
within the cell. The suggestion was to have an idea of the image dimension and provide the
row and cell width accordingly. But could not add a hyperlink to the image though.

Please provide your inputs on whether this is feasible with Apache POI HSSF.

Thanks
Saravanan