poi-dev mailing list archives

From David Fisher <dfis...@jmlafferty.com>
Subject Re: POI from Excel 2000 to Excel 2010 issues. (Edited out previous)
Date Tue, 01 Feb 2011 16:23:11 GMT
Hi Jim,

>> If you mean you create a HSSFWorkbook using a POIFSFileSystem constructor,
>> then that's your only way, yes. Any problem is likely to be with the low
>> level records that HSSF writes, rather than anything in the POIFS layer
>
> Yes, this is what I meant. If there is a problem with those low level records written
by HSSF, I am not sure how I can identify the problem. I have found that by simply downloading
the template, which includes sample data and all the macros, from webContent, it opens fine.
Currently I have been simplifying the macro to no avail. Also, on the server side, in the
Java, I removed all code that writes any additional data to the file so I am simply creating
it.
> POIFSFileSystem fs = new POIFSFileSystem(new FileInputStream(RTC_global.templatePath
+ LibraryData.SBOM_IMPORT_MACRO_TEMPLATE));
> wb = new HSSFWorkbook(fs);
> Then writing it out
> bos = new BufferedOutputStream(res.getOutputStream());
>
> wb.write(bos);
> bos.close();
> No luck with this. It seems POI is not fully compatible with Office 2010 and there is
an issue with low level differences. I have a work around for our users whcih is to download
to a "trusted Location". Do you know if adding a certificate of some sort to the template
might replicate downloading to a trusted location? The file, despite all the dire warnings
and the obvious difference noticed by Excel, does still work when opened. We are trying to
make this seamless for our users. Any other thoughts or suggestions are most welcome.

Yegor and I always use and copy an empty HSSFWorkbook that has a digitally signed Macro in
it.

HSSFWorkbook wb = new HSSFWorkbook(new FileInputStream(RTC_global.templatePath + LibraryData.SBOM_IMPORT_MACRO_TEMPLATE));

Does this work for you?

Regards,
Dave