poi-dev mailing list archives

From David Fisher <dfis...@jmlafferty.com>
Subject Re: ExcelAnt contribution
Date Fri, 04 Feb 2011 16:57:28 GMT
>> I agree. I've just realized that putting it in poi-main will affect Maven distribution
and we will have to add an Ant dependency in poi-main.pom. Are you OK with ant.jar in the
lib directory and the sources in src/excelant relative to the project root? This way ExcelAnt
will be a normal sub-project, like scratchpad and contrib.

> Yup, that's fine for me. We already have the ooxml sub-project with extra dependencies,
so I think we could do this along the same lines.

> Also, do we need the full ant jar, or is there a smaller interface jar for people compiling
extensions that we could link against?

If someone is using the ExcelAnt tool then they will be using Ant and should have the ant.jar
and all of ant installed already, or am I missing something?

Regards,
Dave