poi-dev mailing list archives

From Jon Svede <jsv...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Error Values
Date Fri, 03 Dec 2010 23:22:11 GMT
I spent some time trying to track down the root cause of the error.  In the
following scenario, I am seeing this error message:

"3D references need a workbook to determine formula text"

Now, this error doesn't show up when I run my spreadsheet with POI 3.7
unmodified.   I was messing around with the source to try to see if I could
capture the parse tree, so I modified the WorkbookEvaluator class to accept a
listener.  In the WorkbookEvaluator.evaluateFormula( OperationEvaluationContext
ec, Ptg[] ptgs) method, I notify the listener(s) of the args that are passed in.
In my listener I simply enumerate the Ptg[] array and the
OperationEvaluationContext.  I am only evaluating 1 cell per execution because
of the verbosity this creates. For reasons I can't explain, only when I
enumerate the Ptgs does that message get written out.  The cell contents that
cause this, at least one example of it, is as follows:

=INDEX('MACRS_Depr. Table'!C92:I115, MATCH("NPV (Real)",'MACRS_Depr.
Table'!C92:C115,0),MATCH($B$84,'MACRS_Depr. Table'!C92:I92,0))*(1+B158)

I am seeing this error in any place (so far) use the INDEX function in a similar
manner.

Does this shed anymore light on the nature of these errors?  I don't really know
Excel well enough to understand what that error message is trying to tell me.

This may be a red herring, as I have modified the source, but again, my issue is
related to the complexity of the parse tree that is created when evaluating a
cell that has cell references which have references....etc.  If there were
another way to capture the full stack of the cells,  I would use that instead.

Thanks in advance,

Jon