poi-dev mailing list archives

From Nick Burch <nick.bu...@alfresco.com>
Subject [VOTE] Release POI 3.7 beta 3
Date Tue, 21 Sep 2010 13:25:04 GMT
Hi All

It's been about 6 weeks since 3.7 Beta 2, and about 8 months since 3.6
FINAL. The changelog [1] shows fixed a fair decent number of bugs
(mostly XSSF and formulas), as well as some improvements (especially to
HWPF and XWPF around text extraction and properties). So, as mentioned on
dev@ last week, I'd like to propose that we do another beta release now.

With any luck, this may be the last beta before 3.7 FINAL, but that'll largely
depend on the number of bugs found, and patches submitted in the next few
weeks. We are aiming for a FINAL release before ApacheCon though!

The release candidate files are available from:
 	http://people.apache.org/~nick/POI-3.7-beta3/
(The standard packages of source and binary are under /dist/, while the jars
and poms to feed into the maven repo are in /maven/)

As with all apache release votes, please check that not only does the code
work, and no major breakages have occured since the last release, but also that
packaging is correct, license headers and notices exist etc.

For anyone running with the full ooxml-schemas jar (instead of the cut-down
poi-ooxml-schemas jar), please not that this beta requires version 1.1, which
is the same XSDs but compiled for Java 1.5. You can get this by running the
"compile-ooxml-xsds" ant task, or from Maven. Previous POI releases, including
POI 3.7 beta 1 ran with the older Java 1.4 compiled versions, but we've now
switched.

Voting to bless the release candidates as the 3.7 beta 3 release will run
until Friday 24th September. Please vote:

  +1 - I support this release
   0 - I don't object to this release, but I haven't checked it
  -1 - There's a problem with the release, and that is ....

Nick

[1] http://poi.apache.org/changes.html