poi-dev mailing list archives

From mnsmcn <mns...@gmail.com>
Subject how to compare two excel file with apache poi
Date Wed, 07 Jul 2010 05:35:05 GMT

Joined: Apr 19, 2008
 posted Today 10:30:06 AM
hi all
i have a task to compare excel sheets,that should be generic,so that at run
time it can be any excel file.
i have written a code which checks rows and cells based on which i have
written a logic to check one row with other row ie cells in it also.
if they are differnt ,then color with blue in both cells and in both file.
if they are same ,color it with common color and in both file
but my problem is if sheet contain empty rows it is not giving proper count
ie  used getPhysicalNumberOfRows(),pSheet.getLastRowNum() which is not
counting empty row.
similarly cell if there is a row with cells ie last two cells of a row are
empty its showing 1 less count i used both methods but not getting proper
cell count ie
.getLastCellNum(),getPhysicalNumberOfCells().

please give me idea for proper row count and cells,where my logic depends on
it.

or code snippets to compare to excel sheets.

please give your inputs regarding the above.