poi-dev mailing list archives

From Nick Burch <nick.bu...@alfresco.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Release POI 3.7 beta 1 (20100620)
Date Thu, 17 Jun 2010 18:02:55 GMT
On Thu, 17 Jun 2010, Jukka Zitting wrote:
> Works great with Tika, though I'll note that due to the already tight
> POI integration in Tika the version upgrade requires quite a few code
> changes in Tika. I think it would be useful for POI to specify a set of
> APIs that are guaranteed to remain backwards-compatible over minor
> version upgrades.

IIRC, the only changes needed should be in the scratchpad for HSMF. (Patch
for that in Jira). In general, anything in the scratchpad is subject to
change its API, as we normally still need to do major work to implement
funcationality. Stuff in the main jar should be compatible (or largely so)
between releases

Was there a change needed for things other than HSMF?

(FWIW, if you apply all the patches from me currently pending in Tika's
jira, it ought to compile just fine against the release candidate jars, as
I did a custom tika build using them earlier this week)

Nick