poi-dev mailing list archives

From Nick Burch <nick.bu...@alfresco.com>
Subject [VOTE] Release POI 3.7 beta 1 (20100620)
Date Tue, 15 Jun 2010 12:11:54 GMT
Hi All

It's been about 6 months now since 3.6 FINAL, and the changelog [1] shows
we've fixed a fairly hefty number of bugs, even if there haven't been that
many new features. So, I'd like to propose that we do a beta release.

The release candidate files, tagged as 20100620, are available from:
 	http://people.apache.org/~nick/POI-3.7-beta1/
(The standard packages of source and binary are under /dist/, while the jars
and poms to feed into the maven repo are in /maven/)

As with all apache release votes, please check that not only does the code
work, and no major breakages have occured since the last release, but also
that packaging is correct, license headers and notices exist etc.

This beta build is back to the previous ooxml-schemas-1.0 jar file.
This is available from maven, or via the "compile-ooxml-xsds" ant task.
Please note that the next beta will almost certainly use the
ooxml-schemas-1.1 version, which was compiled against Java 1.5, while this
version will run happily with either.

Voting to bless the release candidates as the 3.7 beta 1 release will run
until Sunday 20th June. Please vote:

  +1 - I support this release
   0 - I don't object to this release, but I haven't checked it
  -1 - There's a problem with the release, and that is ....

My vote is +1

Nick

[1] http://poi.apache.org/changes.html