poi-dev mailing list archives

From Nick Burch <nick.bu...@alfresco.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Release POI 3.7 beta 1
Date Mon, 14 Jun 2010 17:10:18 GMT
On Mon, 14 Jun 2010, Yegor Kozlov wrote:
> Perhaps XmlBeans 2.4 does a better job.

The problem is that if we go to 2.4, then everyone who uses poi has to,
and as I understand it lots of our users use 2.3, and will have a faff to
upgrade and re-test their production stacks. That's why I haven't pushed
an upgrade in the past

> (a) revert to ooxml-schemas-1.0.jar and re-cut release. I'm +1 in advance.

I'm keep to get a beta release out soon (I've a bunch of tika patches that
can't be applied until there's a new poi release for tika to switch to,
and I'm getting bored of maintaining my own tree+build...)

So, tomorrow I'll switch trunk back to ooxml-schemas-1.0.jar, cut a new
beta1 release, then re-apply the ooxml-schemas-1.1.jar bits. If all goes
well, we've then got a month to fix the remaining deprecation warnings and
make the code shorter+nicer

Nick