poi-dev mailing list archives

From Nick Burch <nick.bu...@alfresco.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Release POI 3.7 beta 1
Date Mon, 14 Jun 2010 16:38:53 GMT
On Mon, 14 Jun 2010, Yegor Kozlov wrote:
> I propose  to revert trunk and REL_3_7_BETA1 to use ooxml-schemas-1.0.jar
> (JDK 1.4). There is only one or two classes using  JDK 1.5 features and it
> should be easy.
> Then re-cut release and only after it change trunk to use
> ooxml-schemas-1.1.jar. This way it will be safe.

That would mean that we wouldn't get any feedback from the beta about how
well the JDK 1.5 version (ooxml-schemas-1.1) performs though. It is a
beta, so I'm personally happy to have something in there that ought to
work but might break in odd situations (I've inadvertantly been testing
the 1.1 jar for ages without issue, and I'm probably no the only one!)

I'll also promise to RM another beta release in a month, or sooner if we
discover a big snag! Is that likely to be enough for people, or is there a
view that we should keep things very stable here, and potentially have the
next beta be less stable?

Nick