poi-dev mailing list archives

From Nick Burch <nick.bu...@alfresco.com>
Subject [VOTE] Release POI 3.7 beta 1
Date Fri, 11 Jun 2010 21:06:31 GMT
Hi All

It's been about 6 months now since 3.6 FINAL, and the changelog [1] shows
we've fixed a fairly hefty number of bugs, even if there haven't been that
many new features. So, I'd like to propose that we do a beta release now.

The release candidate files are available from:
 	http://people.apache.org/~nick/POI-3.7-beta1/
(The standard packages of source and binary are under /dist/, while the
jars and poms to feed into the maven repo are in /maven/)

As with all apache release votes, please check that not only does the code
work, and no major breakages have occured since the last release, but also
that packaging is correct, license headers and notices exist etc.

For anyone running with the full ooxml-schemas jar (instead of the
cut-down poi-ooxml-schemas jar), please not that this beta requires
version 1.1, which is the same XSDs but compiled for Java 1.5. You can get
this by running the "compile-ooxml-xsds" ant task, or from Maven (Yegor
will be uploading it shortly)

Voting to bless the release candidates as the 3.7 beta 1 release will run
until Wednesday 16th June. Please vote:

  +1 - I support this release
   0 - I don't object to this release, but I haven't checked it
  -1 - There's a problem with the release, and that is ....

Nick

[1] http://poi.apache.org/changes.html