poi-dev mailing list archives

From Nick Burch <n...@apache.org>
Subject 3.7 beta release?
Date Wed, 02 Jun 2010 17:49:14 GMT
Hi All

I was thinking about doing a beta release for 3.7 sometime soon. While we
haven't had that many new features added since December, there have been
loads of bug fixes (or so status.xml tells me!), so it's probably worth
getting a slightly wider set of people to try it out. Certainly text
extraction has had a updates that could use some wider checking!

As Yegor's a little busy at the moment, I'm happy to cut the beta release,
and hopefully Yegor'll be able to resume RM duties for the -FINAL in a
month or two.

Does anyone see a reason not to do a beta release next week? (well, build
the release artificats and start the vote next week, probably with voting
finishing just into the week after) Hopefully everyone can get any fixes
in that they'd like for the beta in the mean time :)