poi-dev mailing list archives

From Nick Burch <nick.bu...@alfresco.com>
Subject Re: XSSF, Conditional Formatting, Roadmap, Hi.
Date Wed, 02 Jun 2010 15:06:16 GMT
On Wed, 2 Jun 2010, Will Coleda wrote:
> Just wondering if there is a roadmap document for the POI project
> somewhere (I checked at http://poi.apache.org/ but didn't find anything)
> - I'm interested to see if this is on anyone's radar at the moment.

I don't think there is one at the moment, no. I believe all the active
contributors are currently mostly focused on bug fixes, as no-one
currently has managed to get anyone to fund any big new features... As
such, it's all driven by what people wish to contribute!

> If not, I'll start digging through http://poi.apache.org/guidelines.html.

If you're able to contribute some patches, that'd be great! There has been
a bit of a delay in applying some patches of late, but I think we're
getting back on top of it again now :)

As well as our contributing guidelines, Nutch have a really good document
that I keep meaning to use as a basis for expanding out one:
 	http://wiki.apache.org/nutch/Becoming_A_Nutch_Developer
Hopefully Nutch and POI opperate in a manner that's close enough that most
of their documentation applies and will be helpful!

Nick