poi-dev mailing list archives

From David Fisher <dfis...@jmlafferty.com>
Subject Re: 3.7 beta release?
Date Wed, 02 Jun 2010 18:21:58 GMT
Hi Nick,

+1 for creating 3.7 Beta 1 artifacts next week.

> I was thinking about doing a beta release for 3.7 sometime soon. While we haven't had
that many new features added since December, there have been loads of bug fixes (or so status.xml
tells me!), so it's probably worth getting a slightly wider set of people to try it out. Certainly
text extraction has had a updates that could use some wider checking!

> As Yegor's a little busy at the moment, I'm happy to cut the beta release, and hopefully
Yegor'll be able to resume RM duties for the -FINAL in a month or two.

> Does anyone see a reason not to do a beta release next week? (well, build the release
artificats and start the vote next week, probably with voting finishing just into the week
after) Hopefully everyone can get any fixes in that they'd like for the beta in the mean time
:)

Regards,
Dave