poi-dev mailing list archives

From Yegor Kozlov <ye...@dinom.ru>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Release POI 3.7 beta 1
Date Mon, 14 Jun 2010 16:55:30 GMT
My opinion is that it is not correct to release with a new dependency
that brings 120+ deprecation warnings. At the same time, I'm very
reluctant to rewrite all getXXXArray() to getXXXList() just to keep
javac quiet.  I wonder if it is possible to suppress them and build
ooxml-schemas-1.1.jar with JDK 1.5 support AND getXXXArray() being not
deprecated. Perhaps XmlBeans 2.4 does a better job.

The purpose of switching to ooxml-schemas-1.1.jar is to use shorter and
nicer code. Instead we just switch jars and get tons of warnings.

I see two paths to follow:

  (a) revert to ooxml-schemas-1.0.jar and re-cut release. I'm +1 in advance.
  (b) abort the vote, test-drive ooxml-schemas-1.1.jar for a month or so
and cut release in July.

Current combination of old code and new new jar does not work for me.

Yegor