poi-dev mailing list archives

From Yegor Kozlov <ye...@dinom.ru>
Subject Re: 3.7 beta release?
Date Mon, 07 Jun 2010 07:43:58 GMT
what exactly do you want to change on the other two sheets? Can you
setup your template first and then insert the data using the BigGridDemo
approach?

To write data into a sheet in an existing template you should change the
following line in BigGridDemo.java

         XSSFSheet sheet = wb.createSheet("Big Grid");

         XSSFSheet sheet = wb.getSheet("My Data");

where "My Data" is the name of your data sheet.

Yegor

> Okay, thanks Yegor for your quick response.
> Well I want to use the approach you used in BigGridDemo, i.e. to write data
> on a temporary file and then to my .xlsx file. I am sorry as i am new to POI
> , and as in your approach you are replacing the data into a new template.
> I need to write data onto an existing .xlsx file will be having three sheets
> , one will be showing the pivot chart, 2nd is for pivot table and the last
> will be my data sheet which is being used by the other two sheets.Now i need
> to write that data sheet but it gives me an out of memory error. Now if i
> refer to your code, i dont need to write a template first, i just want to
> read my existing .xlsx file and alter the contents of my data sheet, it will
> be good if i could be able to change the other two sheets too with respect
> to my data going into datasheet. I tried to read my xlsx file instead of
> creating the template (may be i am wrong here) but it ofcourse is giving me
> heap size error. Can you help me in it??I dont just want to write data into
> a new file, copying the pivot and chart in are important part of this
> research.
> hope you will help me in it.
> Thnx :)
>

> Yegor Kozlov wrote:
>
>> Aisha,
>>
>> please post your questions on the mailing list. This is the "apache way"
>> of finding information.
>>
>> Yegor

While