poi-dev mailing list archives

From Aisha Urooj <aukhan...@hotmail.com>
Subject Re: 3.7 beta release?
Date Tue, 08 Jun 2010 12:55:07 GMT

Thanks Yegor....it is working for me now.....i have pivot table and chart on
my other two sheets having defined ranges for lets say 100 records from
datasheet. Now if i am adding 200 more records into my Data Sheet using your
approach, i want to update the other sheets too so that they also reflect
the newly added records.........i want to adjust range for both pivot table
and chart everytime i add new records to data sheet , it could be a bit
tricky as i dont know how many records i am going to write each time....so
if you can help me in that too.

Yegor Kozlov wrote:

> what exactly do you want to change on the other two sheets? Can you
> setup your template first and then insert the data using the BigGridDemo
> approach?
>
> To write data into a sheet in an existing template you should change the
> following line in BigGridDemo.java
>
>          XSSFSheet sheet = wb.createSheet("Big Grid");

>          XSSFSheet sheet = wb.getSheet("My Data");
>
> where "My Data" is the name of your data sheet.
>
> Yegor
>
>> Okay, thanks Yegor for your quick response.
>> Well I want to use the approach you used in BigGridDemo, i.e. to write
>> data
>> on a temporary file and then to my .xlsx file. I am sorry as i am new to
>> POI
>> , and as in your approach you are replacing the data into a new template.
>> I need to write data onto an existing .xlsx file will be having three
>> sheets
>> , one will be showing the pivot chart, 2nd is for pivot table and the
>> last
>> will be my data sheet which is being used by the other two sheets.Now i
>> need
>> to write that data sheet but it gives me an out of memory error. Now if i
>> refer to your code, i dont need to write a template first, i just want to
>> read my existing .xlsx file and alter the contents of my data sheet, it
>> will
>> be good if i could be able to change the other two sheets too with
>> respect
>> to my data going into datasheet. I tried to read my xlsx file instead of
>> creating the template (may be i am wrong here) but it ofcourse is giving
>> me
>> heap size error. Can you help me in it??I dont just want to write data
>> into
>> a new file, copying the pivot and chart in are important part of this
>> research.
>> hope you will help me in it.
>> Thnx :)
>>

>> Yegor Kozlov wrote:
>>
>>> Aisha,
>>>
>>> please post your questions on the mailing list. This is the "apache way"
>>> of finding information.
>>>
>>> Yegor

(well,