poi-dev mailing list archives

From Aisha Urooj <aukhan...@hotmail.com>
Subject Re: 3.7 beta release?
Date Fri, 04 Jun 2010 12:49:56 GMT

Okay, thanks Yegor for your quick response.
Well I want to use the approach you used in BigGridDemo, i.e. to write data
on a temporary file and then to my .xlsx file. I am sorry as i am new to POI
, and as in your approach you are replacing the data into a new template.
I need to write data onto an existing .xlsx file will be having three sheets
, one will be showing the pivot chart, 2nd is for pivot table and the last
will be my data sheet which is being used by the other two sheets.Now i need
to write that data sheet but it gives me an out of memory error. Now if i
refer to your code, i dont need to write a template first, i just want to
read my existing .xlsx file and alter the contents of my data sheet, it will
be good if i could be able to change the other two sheets too with respect
to my data going into datasheet. I tried to read my xlsx file instead of
creating the template (may be i am wrong here) but it ofcourse is giving me
heap size error. Can you help me in it??I dont just want to write data into
a new file, copying the pivot and chart in are important part of this
research.
hope you will help me in it.
Thnx :)