poi-dev mailing list archives

From Nick Burch <nick.bu...@alfresco.com>
Subject RE: Performance Question with CTSheetDataImpl.java
Date Wed, 19 May 2010 11:45:41 GMT
On Tue, 18 May 2010, Bryce.Alcock@sungard.com wrote:
> My Question is:  in looking at XSSFSheet.java
> are there any assumption that we can make about the state of sheetData
> (A CTSheetData object) that would allow us to either overwrite the
> default setRowArray(lctRow) method, or side step this call all together
> by calling a method that is not generic, but instead much more targeted
> to the function and process that is currently going on.

If memory serves, we basically need to overwrite the old list of row
details with the new ones

We have the list of CTRow objects easily available (via the XSSFRow
objects that wrap them in a friendly interface). As long as we get rid of
the old list, it should be fine. Would we be better of doing something
like setRowArray(new CTRow[0]) then using one of the insert methods, or
would that be equally as bad?

Nick