poi-dev mailing list archives

From Nick Burch <nick.bu...@alfresco.com>
Subject Re: Files created with Office 2007 and 2010 betas.
Date Mon, 19 Apr 2010 11:21:04 GMT
On Wed, 14 Apr 2010, Antoni Mylka wrote:
> If I'm desperate enough to hack POI and add support for broken files by
> myself, where should I start looking? I thought about trying to make
> xmlbeans namespace-blind, or to accept more than one namespace. Do you
> think it's possible?

It wouldn't be pretty, and you'd probably need two versions of POI.
Firstly, you'll need to use xmlbeans to compile an alternate set of
classes for the different schema namespace. Then, you need to take a copy
of POI, and do a search+replace on all the places where we use the
namespace itself (eg finding package parts, writing out files). Finally
you will hopefully be able to open these files, assuming that the schemas
are close enough other than the namespace

Nick