poi-dev mailing list archives

From Antoni Mylka <antoni.my...@gmail.com>
Subject Files created with Office 2007 and 2010 betas.
Date Wed, 14 Apr 2010 21:53:08 GMT
Hello,

I stumbled upon a problem of having to process files created with MS
Office 2007 beta and Office 2010 beta, i.e. files with wrong namespaces.

I searched the archives and found this http://bit.ly/aehVMw. It is clear
enough. "Wrong" namespaces are not supported, and files created with
office beta versions are unreadable with POI.

But my question to the POI developers is:

If I'm desperate enough to hack POI and add support for broken files by
myself, where should I start looking? I thought about trying to make
xmlbeans namespace-blind, or to accept more than one namespace. Do you
think it's possible?

I'm a complete poi newbie, don't even know how stupid this question
might be :).

Antoni Mylka
antoni.mylka@gmail.com