poi-dev mailing list archives

From David Fisher <dfis...@jmlafferty.com>
Subject Re: Unable to read entire block; 202 bytes read; expected 512 bytes
Date Sun, 27 Dec 2009 16:17:07 GMT
I don't know iPlanet, we use Tomcat, but seriously you need to talk to
your company about using more recent versions of POI. Maybe that is
not as hard as you think. Your company will need to help you. Here are
some questions.

Does your company deploy POI 1.5 or 2.0 jars for every application on
a server? If the answer is no, then you should be able to deploy your
own version  of POI in your application in a WEB-INF/lib directory or
something similar.

Seriously it should not be too hard for your company to upgrade to a
recent version of POI. You will likely need to go to at least version
3.5. I know that there were fixes to block size issues applied after
3.2. I don't know if they are your issues.

It is also possible that this file has been damaged in some way. What
happens when you open it in Excel and re-save it?

Regards,
Dave