poi-dev mailing list archives

From David Hoffer <dhoff...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: 3.5-FINAL causes corrupt cells after shiftRows()
Date Sat, 31 Oct 2009 14:04:19 GMT
I have more info on this issue.

What is happening is that in the row that has the 'missing cells' the
old/previous row had an alignment of 'Merge cells' for columns A, B, C & D.

Before I called shiftRows() I called sheet.removeRow(hssfRow).  I did this
at first because I thought it would delete the row and therefore move the
desired data up.  Once I found that it just deleted the contents of the rows
I left it there but then I call shiftRows() to move the rows up.

However after calling both of these methods the original row(s) still have
their old/prior alignment/formatting.

In Excel when you delete and/or move rows you don't get this mixed
behavior.  How can I get the desired behavior of cleaning removing all of
the old and moving the new rows?

Perhaps I'm doing something wrong but this seems like a bug in POI.  I need
a workaround for today.

Thanks much!